Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

Boy George: My God



The above is the full audio track of the song "My God" from Boy George's new album This Is What I Do. I'm off to watch George perform in Glasgow tonight and I'm hoping this will be one of the songs he'll perform. I've included an article from UK newspaper The Telegraph, which was published a few weeks ago. It includes a video interview with George as well as a clip from the video for "Bigger Than God".
_________________________________________________________________________________

Telegraph.co.uk

Boy George, arguably one of the most iconic artists of a generation, needs little introduction.
Not only has he had a career spanning over 30 years, which began in the Eighties when he burst onto the scene as the flamboyant front man of the Brit and Grammy Award-winning Culture Club.
From there he has had continued success as a solo artist, selling more than 150 million records, with top 10 hits in every country.
George is also an world-renowned DJ.
Now he's back with This Is What I Do, his first studio album of original material in 18 years.

 
Here the singer and DJ talks to Telegraph.co.uk about how the album, which features a version of Yoko Ono’s Death of Samantha, came together.
Talking about the album, George say: “I wanted to make a baggy album, not overproduced and I think I have achieved it.
"I was listening to things like Beast of Burden by the Stones’ and I had my head most definitely in the Seventies.
"I was also writing from a happy place. This time, no ex lovers to get revenge on. For me ‘Bigger Than War’ sums up the tone.”
Watch a teaser clip of Boy George's song Bigger Than War:

Written by George and long-time collaborators John Themis, Kevan Frost and Richie Stevens (Soul II Soul, Tina Turner, Simply Red, Culture Club), This Is What I Do features a number of guest musicians, including DJ Yoda, Kitty Durham (Kitty Daisy & Lewis) and Ally McErlaine (Texas/Red Sky July), many of whom will also perform as George’s band on his tour dates.
This Is What I Do tracklisting:
  • King of Everything
  • Bigger Than War
  • Live Your Life
  • My God
  • It’s Easy
  • Any Road
  • My Star
  • Love and Danger
  • Nice and Slow
  • Play Me
  • Feel the Vibration

No comments:

Post a Comment