Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Pet Shop Boys - This Used To Be The Future ft. Phil Oakey



I heard this again recently as part of the excellent soundtrack to the BBC TV architecture series The Brits Who Built The Modern World and when I came across this great retro video for the track I couldn't resist sharing it on The Fine Tuner (any excuse for a bit of PSBs). 

It's also in honour of my friend Stevie getting a ticket to go see them in concert - hope you have a great time. He was reminding me recently about the time we chased their car up the street after they'd left a concert at Wembley Arena - Neil and Chris must have been shitting themselves at the sight of us bearing down on them when their car had to stop at traffic lights. Those were the days.

"TUTBTF" features Phil Oakey (of The Human League) on some of the vocals and is taken from the Limited Edition Bonus Disc of the 2009 PSB album Yes.
I can remember planning for leisure 
Living in peace and freedom from fear 
Science that promised to make us a new world 
Religion and prejudice disappear 

I can remember when this was the future 
Where it was gonna be at back then 
Now religion and nuclear energy have united 
To threaten, oh God! Amen 




No comments:

Post a Comment