Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Chopin: Nocturne Opus 9 no. 2 in E Flat performed by Maria João Pires


In 1988 I worked in the HMV Record Store in Oxford Street, London. I knew little about classical music at the time but bought Nocturnes - 21 short pieces for solo piano by Frédéric Chopin. To be honest I only bought it because it was on sale due to the sleeve being damaged, and I got a hefty staff discount. I fell in love with it, and years later was given a present of the Maria João Pires version - Maria is is an incredibly talented portuguese pianist. Now and again I like to post something that doesn't quite fit within the perceived parameters of The Fine Tuner, so as it's Friday and I've had a busy day, let's relax and have a listen to this stunning piece of music. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment